Apple has just released iOS 8.1.1 (build number: 12B435) for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple had seeded iOS 8.1.1 beta to developers two weeks back.
According to the release notes iOS 8.1.1 includes number of bug fixes and brings improved stability. According to Apple, iOS 8.1.1 also includes performance improvements for iPad 2 and iPhone 4s, but a video comparison of iPhone 4s running on iOS 8.1 and iOS 8.1.1 did not reveal any major improvements on older iOS devices.
This release includes bug fixes, increased stability and performance improvements for iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.
iOS 8.1.1 is compatible with the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad 2, iPad (third-generation), iPad (fourth-generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display
- iPod touch 5G
Jailbreakers should avoid upgrading to iOS 8.1.1 as it kills the Pangu iOS 8.0.x-iOS 8.1 jailbreak. Apple seems to have fixed at least one exploit used by the Pangu jailbreak, so you won’t be able to jailbreak your device using Pangu after upgrading to iOS 8.1.1.
If you don’t care about jailbreaking, then the update is available as an OTA download for these devices currently. The OTA update is 64.7 MB for iPhone 6 Plus.
If you’re not getting the OTA update, then you can download the iOS 8.1.1 ipsw (firmware file) using the direct download links provided below. If you need help then check out our guide, which shows you how to install the iOS 8.1.1 update on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiF)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 4s
Let us know if you’ve found any other changes or improvements in iOS 8.1.1 in the comments below.
Updated with direct download links.
Some users are reporting that after installing the update, they were prompted to log back into iCloud (which was requested previously), and also review iMessage settings, which wasn’t required previously.
Apple is still signing iOS 8.1, so if you haven’t upgraded yet, then this could be your last chance to update to iOS 8.1 and jailbreak with Pangu. If you need help on how to update to iOS 8.1 and jailbreak using Pangu then check out guides for the step-by-step instructions.
- How to Install iOS 8.1 Update on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- How to Jailbreak iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 on Windows
- How to Jailbreak iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 on Mac