If you’ve recently switched from an iPhone to Android, BlackBerry or Windows Phone, and are not getting messages sent by your family or friends who have an iPhone, then follow these simple steps to fix the issue.
The problem occurs because your phone number is still registered on Apple’s servers, which is why Apple tries to route messages sent from an iPhone through iMessage rather than sending it as an SMS through your carrier’s network.
There are couple of ways to fix the issue depending on whether you still have the iPhone that you were using previously, or you don’t have it.
Still have your iPhone
If you still have your iPhone then follow these steps:
- Transfer your SIM card to your iPhone.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down, and tap Messages.
- Tap on the On/Off toggle for iMessage to turn it off.
No longer have your iPhone
- Visit this link.
- Enter the phone number you want to deregister from iMessage, and click on the Send code link. Apple will send a 6-digit confirmation code your phone number.
- Enter the 6-digit confirmation code, and click on the Submit button to confirm the de-registration of your phone number.
That’s it. You can now ask your friend with an iPhone to send a text message to confirm that the issue has indeed been resolved.
If you’ve switched from an iPhone, then it may be a good idea to visit this link to deregister your phone number from iMessage.
Let me know how it goes in the comments.Like this post? Share it!