There are various situations in which it may help to restart or reset your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to resolve the issue. It is one of the most common troubleshooting tip that is given when you’ve an issue with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
For example: if your device does not return to the Home screen when you press the Home button, wake from sleep when you press the Sleep/Wake button, slide to unlock or power off, it might appear frozen or the app is unresponsive, then you can first try to restart your iPhone.
How to restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. The Sleep/Wake button can be found along the right edge of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, and at the top for the rest of the iOS devices such as the iPads, iPod touch, and older generation iPhones.
- Drag the “slide to power off” slider to turn your device completely off.
- After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
If that does help in resolving the issue, or the problem reoccurs then you may want to reset your device as the last resort.
How to reset your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and the Home buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. You will see the screen go blank.
- Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo.
That’s it. It should ideally resolve the issue that you may be facing.
You can also check the video to see how it is done: