Apple has just released Watch OS 1.0.1, which includes number of performance improvements and bug fixes.
Since this is the first software update for Apple Watch, here’s a quick guide on how to install the update on your Apple Watch.
To install the update, you need to make sure your Apple Watch is in the range of your iPhone, connected to the charger and charged at least 50%. Please note that the installation process could take 20-30 minutes.
- Launch the Apple Watch companion app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Then tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- You will be prompted to enter your iPhone’s password. Enter it and tap on Done to continue.
- Then tap on Agree, to agree to the terms and conditions of the update.
- It should start downloading the update to your Apple Watch. The update is 51.5MB in size for the 38mm model. It could take 10-15 minutes to download the update.
- After the update has been successfully downloaded, it will inform you that it is “Preparing” for the update.
- Before it can start the installation process, it will check whether the Apple Watch is connected to its charger and charged at least 50%. It will pause the installation. Tap on Ok after the conditions have been met, and to proceed with the installation process.
At this point the installation process switches to the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch companion app will inform you that the update is being installed on the Apple Watch.
- When the installation on the Apple Watch starts it will restart the Apple Watch, and display the progress of the installation process. This is the updating screen on the Apple Watch.
- Your Apple Watch may reboot couple of times during the installation process. After the installation is complete, it will reboot your Apple Watch.
Alternatively, you can also check our video walkthrough:
That’s it, your Apple Watch should be updated with Watch OS 1.0.1. Let me know how it goes in the comments.Like this post? Share it!