The group of Chinese hackers behind PP Jailbreak tool have released a new version of their tool to jailbreak iOS 8.4.
Here’s how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running on iOS 8.4 using the PP jailbreak.
Some important points before you proceed:
- PP Jailbreak is an untethered jailbreak.
- PP Jailbreak supports iOS 8.1.3, iOS 8.2, iOS 8.3 and iOS 8.4.
- PP jailbreak supports following devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
- This tutorial is meant for Windows users. Mac users can follow our tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 8.4 using PP Jailbreak on a Mac for the step-by-step instructions.
- Use iCloud or iTunes to back up any and all personal information that you need to keep safe. The jailbreak has been reported to be working in most cases, but on the off chance something goes wrong, it’s a good idea to have an escape plan.
- Disable any Anti-virus programs or firewalls temporarily that could prevent PP Jailbreak from connecting to the internet.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.4 using PP Jailbreak:
Follow these instructions to jailbreak iOS 8.4 using PP jailbreak tool.
Step 1: Download the latest version of PP jailbreak from our download page on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3: Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
Step 4: Also turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
Step 5: Run PP Jailbreak exe file as an Administrator. Right click on the exe file, and click on “Run as administrator”
Step 6: PP Jailbreak will take some time to detect your device. Once you confirm that it is showing the correct firmware version, deselect the check box below the red text as it seems to install the Chinese pirated app store.
Step 7: Click on the only button at the center to start the jailbreak process.
Step 8: The jailbreak process will take sometime. It gets stuck at steps 3/8 and 5/8 for sometime. Wait patiently for the process to complete.
Step 9: After the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot automatically, and you should should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen.
Please don’t forget to re-enable the passcode and Find My iPhone feature and the passcode after successfully jailbreaking your device.
After the jailbreaking process is complete, do not forget to checkout our article on tips to keep your jailbroken device secure.
If you’re not able to jailbreak your iOS device on iOS 8.4 using PP Jailbreak, then you can try using the TaiG jailbreak. You can follow our guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.4 using TaiG jailbreak.
Let us know how it goes in the comments below.Like this post? Share it!