Here’s how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running on iOS 8.4 using PP jailbreak on a Mac.
Some important points before you proceed:
- PP Jailbreak is an untethered jailbreak.
- PP Jailbreak supports iOS 8.1.3, iOS 8.2, iOS 8.3 and iOS 8.4.
- PP Jailbreak supports the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
- This tutorial is for Mac users. Windows users can follow our tutorial on how to jailbreak iOS 8.4 using PP Jailbreak on Windows for the step-by-step instructions.
- Use iCloud or iTunes to back up any and all personal information that you need to keep safe. The jailbreak has been reported to be working in most cases, but on the off chance something goes wrong, it’s a good idea to have an escape plan.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac using PP Jailbreak:
Follow these instructions to jailbreak iOS 8.4 using PP jailbreak tool.
Step 1: Download the latest version of PP jailbreak from our download page on your computer.
Step 2: Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3: Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
Step 4: Also turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
Step 5: Close iTunes or XCode if they’re open as PP Jailbreak won’t open until they’re closed.
Step 6: Double-click on the PP Jailbreak dmg file, and move it to the Applications folder when prompted. Double-click on the PP Jailbreak icon to launch it.
Step 7: PP Jailbreak will take some time to detect your device. Once you confirm that it is showing the correct firmware version, deselect the Install PP Helper checkbox as it seems to install the Chinese pirated app store.
Step 8: Click on the Jailbreak button at the center to start the jailbreak process.
Step 9: The jailbreak process will take some time. It gets stuck at steps 3/8 and 5/8 for some time. Wait patiently for the process to complete.
Step 10: After the jailbreak is complete, you will get a message informing you that the Jailbreak Succeeded!
Step 11: Your iOS device will reboot automatically, and you should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen. Launch Cydia and install the latest update before you start installing jailbreak tweaks.
You can also follow our video guide:
Please don’t forget to re-enable the passcode and Find My iPhone feature and the passcode after successfully jailbreaking your device.
After the jailbreaking process is complete, do not forget to checkout our article on tips to keep your jailbroken device secure.
If you’re stuck at step 2/8 for a very long time, then try to turn on AirPlane mode, and also disable Location Services (Settings > Privacy > Location Services) via the Settings app. Thanks John for the tip.
If you’re having problems jailbreak your device using PP jailbreak then try using TaiG jailbreak tool for Mac. You can download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak for Mac from our TaiG Jailbreak download page on your computer. If you need help jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with the TaiG jailbreak then you can follow our guide.
Let us know how it goes in the comments below.