The TaiG team released TaiG jailbreak for iOS 8.3 — iOS 8.1.3 last week, and followed it up by released TaiG 2.2.x jailbreak tool to jailbreak iOS 8.4. But the jailbreak tool is Windows only. The TaiG team haven’t said when they will be releasing the Mac version of their jailbreak tool.
If you can’t wait, and don’t have access to a Windows machine, then we’ve got you covered. Here’s how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 8.4 using TaiG on Mac OS X.
Windows virtual Machine
We’ll be using Parallels, a virtualization software, to boot Windows in a virtual machine.
- Download and install Parallels Desktop for Mac from this link. While the software is paid, you get a free 14 day trial.
- Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise evaluation 90 day trial for free from this link. You’ll be downloading an ISO file, which might take some time, depending on your connection.
- Open Parallels, select File > New from the menu, and click on “Install Windows from DVD or Image File”.
- Parallels will take you through the install process.
Install iTunes 12.0.1
- Once you’ve booted into Windows, download and install iTunes 12.0.1. Please don’t install the latest version of iTunes as a number of people are facing problems with it.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.4 using TaiG Jailbreak on a Mac
- After iTunes is installed, follow our step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 8.3 – iOS 8.1.3 using TaiG 2.0 Jailbreak for Windows to complete the jailbreak process.
- Alternatively, follow the instructions in the video below:
Don’t forget to Subscribe to our YouTube channel
If the jailbreak process fails then check our post on how to fix some of the common problems with TaiG jailbreak.
Let us know how it goes in the comments below.