Apple has just released iOS 8.4.1 (build number: 12H321) for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Apple had seeded the first beta version of iOS 8.4.1 to developers on July 14th. iOS 8.4.1 is the first update after the iOS 8.4 release, which included the all-new Music app that integrated with Apple Music. It is likely to include bug fixes and performance improvements.
It remains to be seen if iOS 8.4.1 beta patches the vulnerabilities used by TaiG jailbreak and PP Jailbreak. We’ll let you know as soon as we get any more information. It goes without saying that jailbreakers should avoid upgrading to iOS 8.4.1.
iOS 8.4.1 beta is compatible with the following iOS devices:
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad 2, iPad (third-generation), iPad (fourth-generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad mini with Retina display
- iPod touch 5G, iPod touch 6G
We’ll update the post with direct download links as soon as they’re available.
Here’s the list of bugs that have been fixed in iOS 8.4.1:
- Resolves issues that could prevent turning on iCloud Music Library.
- Resolves an issue that hides added music because Apple Music was set to show offline music only.
- Provides a way to add songs to a new playlist if there aren’t any playlists to choose from.
- Resolves an issue that may show different artwork for an album on other devices.
- Resolves several issues for artists while posting to Connect.
- Fixes an issue where tapping Love doesn’t work as expected while listening to Beats 1.
If you’re not getting the update via OTA update then you can download the appropriate update for your device from the links provided below. You can check your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch’s back cover for the model number to download the appropriate download link.
iOS 8.4.1 IPSW firmware download links for iPhone:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533)
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532)
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428)
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429)
- iPhone 4s
iOS 8.4.1 IPSW firmware download links for iPad:
- iPad Air 2 (Model A1566)
- iPad Air 2 (Model A1567)
- iPad mini 3 (Model A1599)
- iPad mini 3 (Model A1600)
- iPad mini 3 (Model A1601)
- iPad Air (Model A1474)
- iPad Air (Model A1475)
- iPad Air (Model A1476)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1489)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1490)
- iPad mini 2 (Model A1491)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1458)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1459)
- iPad (4th generation Model A1460)
- iPad mini (Model A1432)
- iPad mini (Model A1454)
- iPad mini (Model A1455)
- iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation)<
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for ATT)
- iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (model for Verizon)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
iOS 8.4.1 IPSW firmware download links for iPod touch:
Apple has patched several vulnerabilities used by the TaiG team in the TaiG jailbreak tool for iOS 8.4 – iOS 8.1.3, so you won’t be able to use it to jailbreak iOS 8.4.1. Check our post for more details.
Let us know if you find any changes or improvements in iOS 8.4.1 in the comments below.