In this guide, we show you how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 8.4 – iOS 8.1.3 using TaiG jailbreak tool for Mac.
Important points before we proceed
- TaiG jailbreak is available for Windows and Mac. Windows users can follow our tutorial on how to jailbreak their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using TaiG jailbreak on Windows.
- TaiG jailbreak is an untethered jailbreak.
- TaiG jailbreak tool can jailbreak iOS 8.4, 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3.
- The TaiG jailbreak tool for Mac is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
- iPad mini 1 (1st generation iPad mini), iPad mini 2 (Retina iPad mini), iPad mini 3
- iPod touch 5th generation
- Please take a backup of your device using Use iCloud or iTunes to back up any and all personal information that you need to keep safe. The jailbreak has been reported to be working in most cases, but on the off chance something goes wrong, it’s a good idea to have an escape plan.
How to Jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac using TaiG Jailbreak
Step 1: Before you start, please take a backup of your device, preferably using iTunes.
Step 2: Download the latest version of TaiG jailbreak for Mac from our TaiG Jailbreak download page on your computer.
Step 3: Connect your device to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 4: Temporarily Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
Step 5: Also temporarily turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
Step 6: Double-click on the dmg file, and move the TaiG app to the Applications folder when prompted. Right click on TaiG app and click on Open. Then click on Open again.
Step 7: TaiG will take some time to detect your device. Once you confirm that it is showing the correct firmware version, deselect the 3K Assistant 2.3.0 (TaiG’s App Store), just below Cydia.
Step 8: Click on the green Start button to proceed.
Step 9: Your device will reboot few times during the jailbreak process. After the jailbreak is complete, your device will reboot automatically, and you should see the Cydia icon on the Home screen.
The TaiG jailbreak tool will also tell you that the “Jailbreak Succeeded!”
You can also check our video tutorial if you need help:
Please don’t forget to re-enable the passcode and Find My iPhone feature after successfully jailbreaking your device.
Let us know how it goes in the comments below.