3D Touch for the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus take multi-touch to a whole new level. Whenever dealing with touch-based actions there is always the chance of triggering something when you don’t mean to. On the other hand, your touch might be too light to trigger your desired actions as well. In either case, you have the ability to adjust the sensitivity of 3D Touch on your device.
How to adjust 3D Touch sensitivity.
If you’re ever having an issue with not being able to engage or accidentally engaging 3D Touch, you can adjust the sensitivity for settings more to your liking.
- Launch the Settings app from the Home screen.
- Navigate to General -> Accessibility -> 3D Touch.
- Inside of the 3D Touch section, adjust the slider to the location that suits you. The slider goes from Light to Medium to Firm. Light means that you’ll need less pressure to activate 3D Touch and Firm means you’ll need more pressure to activate it. The default is Medium.
Smartly, Apple embedded a test section right below the slider so you’ll be able to gauge your newly input settings and adjust the slider accordingly. Much better than going back and forth between the home screen and Settings to get it just right.
I prefer the default setting. Let us know which 3D Touch settings work best for you in the comment section.
Also check out:
- How to take and view Live Photos on your iPhone 6s
- How to take Live Selfies with Retina Flash on the iPhone 6s
- How to peek and pop with 3D Touch on iPhone 6s
- How to quickly switch apps with 3D Touch on iPhone 6s
- How to use Quick actions with 3D Touch on iPhone 6s
- How to turn iPhone 6s keyboard into a trackpad with 3D Touch