Apple is expected to unveil iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus on Wednesday, September 9, with a possible release date of September 18.
If you intend to the buy iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus then here’s how to find out your upgrade eligibility status for Sprint, AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile.
AT&T subscribers can either make a phone call or check their eligibility online.
- Online: Log in to myAT&T using your PC or tablet. From the Overview page, go to the “I want to” drop-down list and select “Manage my plan & services.” Then select Check upgrade eligibility.
- Phone call: Dial *639# (*NEW#) from your phone, and you’ll get an SMS from AT&T with details about your upgrade eligibility.
If your iPhone is eligible for an upgrade on AT&T, then you have the option to either get an additional two-year extension or opt for AT&T’s new Next plan that allows you to get a new iPhone or smartphone every 12 months by paying for the iPhone in monthly installments.
Just like AT&T, Verizon subscribers can also find their upgrade eligibility online or via a phone call.
- Online: Login to your Verizon Wireless account. Your upgrade eligibility date is listed on the Upgrade Your Device page in My Verizon. You’ll see a list of the mobile numbers on your account, and the upgrade eligibility date will be listed below each mobile number.
- Phone: From your phone, dial #874 and you should get a text with your upgrade eligibility status.
If your iPhone is eligible for an upgrade on Verizon, then you have the option to either get an additional two-year extension or opt to pay for your own device either upfront or in 24 monthly installments.
Sprint subscribers can find their upgrade eligibility status in three ways: customer service, text message and online
- Online: Go directly to the Upgrade Eligibility Site located here. Log into My Sprint and visit the My Account tab. Locate the “Upgrade phone” link in the “I want to” section next to the phone you are looking to upgrade.
- Text: Just text “upgrade” to 1311 to get back information about your eligibility.
- Phone: Call into Customer Care by pressing *2 on your handset and then press 1. Enter your phone number and press 1 to check upgrade eligibility.
If your iPhone is eligible for an upgrade on Sprint, then you have the option to either get an additional two-year extension or opt for Sprint’s new iPhone Forever plan that allows you to get a new iPhone or smartphone by paying for the iPhone in monthly installments.
Apple also offers iPhone upgrade eligibility check, but you’ll need to enter the last four of the primary account holder’s SSN.
Upgrade eligibility is not relevant to T-Mobile as it doesn’t offer subsidized discounts for phones anymore.
Let us know if you’ve any questions.