I am sure that we have all received an email or message that we weren’t sure needed an immediate response or not. While you can preview few words of the messages, you’d have to launch the Messages or Mail app to really see what it said. With Peek and Pop, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus owners can quickly peek at Messages or emails and Pop right into the content. Let’s check it out.
How to peek and pop using 3D Touch
Peek and Pop not only lets you preview and jump into messages or mail, but also links, flight information, map locations and more.
Peek and Pop also offer quick actions that can be launched on supported apps without the need to completely open the app. If Peek is available, it will blur the background and the action item or link will be highlighted.
- Press on what you’d like to peek at (message, email, web links, etc.)
- The background will be blurred, and the message, email or web link will be highlighted.
- Press, a little bit harder now, to peek at the item, which provides a preview with additional content.
If the preview or peek was enough or you’re not interested in the item then:
- Let go to dismiss the peek.
But it doesn’t end there. If you want to access Quick Actions:
- Swipe up on the preview screen to see the list of options.
Slide left or right for more unique actions:
- In the Mail app, swipe the preview or peek screen to the left to trash the message.
- Swipe the preview or peek screen to the right to mark the message as Unread.
- If you want to drill in more, then press more firmly to “pop” into it.
Check out our hands-on video to get a much better idea of how it works:
Don’t forget to Subscribe to our YouTube channel
If you really want to get acquainted with Peek and Pop I would suggest messing around with as many applications as you can just to see what you can and cannot do.
Let us know what you think about Peek and Pop in the comment section.
Also check out:
- How to take and view Live Photos on your iPhone 6s
- How to take Live Selfies with Retina Flash on the iPhone 6s
- How to quickly switch apps with 3D Touch on iPhone 6s
- How to use Quick actions with 3D Touch on iPhone 6s
- How to turn iPhone 6s keyboard into a trackpad with 3D Touch
- How to animate a Live Photo with 3D Touch
- How to share Live Photos from your iPhone 6s