Besides unveiling the new iPhones and the fourth-generation Apple TV, Apple also announced that the final build of iOS 9 will be released to the public on September 16th.
The latest release of iOS comes with a number of new features and enhancements, including speed improvements, split-view multitasking, new Notes app, Transit directions for Apple Maps, an improved and smart Siri, and more. You can read more about the top 10 new features in iOS 9 here.
You can read our deep dive of some of the major features in iOS 9 below:
- Improved Notes app
- Improved battery life and all-new low power mode
- Updated keyboard for iPad
- Improved security
- Transit directions and Nearby in Apple Maps
- Multitasking on the iPad
- Apple Pay
iOS 9 is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4s
- iPod touch 5th gen
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini
iOS 9 should not bring with it any significant degradation in performance, which is usually the case with every new iOS release, since Apple has optimised the OS for its older iOS devices.Like this post? Share it!