To start things off for the launch day, check out the unboxing photos of the Rose Gold iPhone 6s, and my first impressions.
- The first thing you notice is the box. The iPhone 6 box you might remember featured a white, textured silhouette of the device inside. I wasn’t a big fan of it. As you can see, iPhone 6s box comes with a colored, silhouette of the device with the photo of one of the animated live wallpapers. The color of the silhouette matches the color of the device. The iPhone 6s box looks a lot better.
- The photos don’t do the new Rose Gold color justice in my opinion. It looks a lot more coppery gold than pinkish. The color is so nice that I won’t be surprised that some people will buy or upgrade to the new iPhone just for it.
- iPhone 6s casing is made of new “7000 series” aluminum alloy. This is probably subjective, but iPhone 6s feels slightly different to the touch. I found it a little less slippery. I think I am more inclined to use my iPhone 6s Plus without a case, especially after looking at the iPhone 6s Plus drop test.
- The iPhone 6s which weighs 143 grams is slightly heavier than the iPhone 6 (129 grams). The iPhone 6 was so ridiculously light that the slightly heavier iPhone 6s makes it a little bit more comfortable to hold.
- The iPhone 6s back casing for the first time has an [S] inscribed below the iPhone to highlight that the device is an “S” upgrade. The ugly FCC logos are still there. So it should be easy to spot if someone is using the new iPhone unless of course it is covered with a case that covers the back.
- iPhone 6s camera sensor still protrudes out from the body. It seems to be the same as the iPhone 6. It should be a non-issue if you use a case, but will be a minor irritation to some of you who don’t use a case.
- Check our post for iPhone 6s Plus first impressions.
Here are our first photos of the Rose Gold iPhone 6s, it’s one of our most exhaustive unboxing photos of an Apple device. I have tried to capture various aspects of the device in addition to the unboxing, so let me know what you think. And please excuse my amateurish DSLR skills. I wanted to publish the unboxing photos as soon as possible, I will continue to update this post with my first impressions. We will also be sharing our hands-on videos during the day so do stay tuned!
Click on the image below to see the full-resolution image:
If you’ve got your shiny new iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus, please feel free to share photos of it in the comments and we’ll update the post with the best photos. Let me know if you’ve any questions about the iPhone 6s.
Don’t forget to check out our iPhone 6s Plus unboxing photos.