Pangu team released their tool to jailbreak iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 last week. The jailbreak process has been quite smooth, but like any other jailbreak, it comes with it own set of problems.
Some users have reported that they’re not able to launch Cydia after successfully jailbreaking their iOS device using Pangu Jailbreak. Cydia doesn’t open or crashes immediately, making it impossible to install jailbreak tweaks.
If you’ve faced this issue, then follow the steps mentioned below to avoid the issue:
Note: Please note that you need to first reset your device to factory settings, and restore it from iTunes backup with this method, so the process could take some time.
- If you take an encrypted backup of your device, then disable it, and take a full unencrypted back of your device using iTunes.
- Put your iOS device in DFU mode.
- Plug your device into your computer.
- Turn off the device by holding the Sleep/Wake or Power button and swiping the slide to power off.
- Hold the power button for 3 seconds.
- Begin holding the Home button without releasing the Sleep/Power button for 10 seconds
- Release the power button and continue holding the home button until you get a popup from iTunes that your device is recognized as being in recovery mode.
- iTunes will inform you that the device is recovery mode. Click on the Restore iPhone… button to restore your device to iOS 9.0.2.
- During the setup process, set it up as a new iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. Don’t restore your device from a backup at this point.
- Download the latest version of Pangu from here.
- Jailbreak your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch using Pangu jailbreak. If you need help, you can follow the step-by-step instructions in our guide.
- This is an important step. Before launching Cydia, turn off the AirPlane mode, and make sure your iOS device is connected to the Internet.
- Launch Cydia, and let it load completely. Do not hit the Home button. After Cydia finishes its activities, your device will restart again.
- You can now connect your device to iTunes, and restore your data from the backup.
That’s it. You should be able to use Cydia without any crashing issues.
Cydia crashing issue after installing a tweak
Some of our readers have pointed out that they’ve faced a problem with Cydia after installing a tweak. If you’re not able to open Cydia after installing the tweak then try the Volume Up trick. Here are the instructions:
- Press and hold the Power button, till you see the “slide to power off” slider.
- Swipe on the slide to turn it off.
- Now press and hold the Volume up button on the left-hand side.
- Then press the Power button to turn it on.
This process disables all the Substrate-based tweaks including the problematic tweak, and should allow you to open Cydia. You can now remove the tweak/tweaks you had recently installed to avoid hitting the issue again. After you’ve removed the tweak, don’t forget to reboot your device again, so that you can use the jailbreak tweaks.
Let us know how it goes in the comments.Like this post? Share it!