Pangu team released an untethered jailbreak for iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2, but the jailbreak tool is Windows only. Pangu team haven’t said when they will be releasing the Mac version of their jailbreak tool.
If you can’t wait, and don’t have access to a Windows machine, then we’ve got you covered. Here’s how to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 using Pangu Jailbreak on Mac OS X using a virtual machine.
How to run Windows on your Mac using Parallels
We’ll be using Parallels, a virtualization software, to boot Windows in a virtual machine.
- Download and install Parallels Desktop for Mac from this link. While the software is paid, you get a free 14-day trial.
- Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise evaluation 90 day trial for free from this link. You’ll be downloading an ISO file, which might take some time, depending on your connection.
- Open Parallels, select File > New from the menu, and click on “Install Windows from DVD or Image File”.
- Parallels will take you through the install process.
How to run Windows on your Mac using VirtualBox
You can also use VirtualBox to run Windows on your Mac. You can check our guide for step-by-step instructions.
How to Jailbreak iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- After iTunes is installed, follow our step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak iOS 9 – 9.0.2 using Pangu Jailbreak for Windows to complete the jailbreak process.
- Alternatively, follow the instructions in the video below:
If you’re not able to successfully jailbreak your device using Pangu Jailbreak, then check our post on how to fix some of the commonly reported problems like “Error at 45%” etc.
After the jailbreaking process is complete, do not forget to checkout our article on tips to keep your jailbroken device secure.
Once you’ve jailbroken your device, be sure to visit our jailbreak apps and tweaks category page, where we’ll be tracking tweaks that have been updated for iOS 9.
Let us know how it goes.