Gaming is a great way to pass time and not to mention a lot of fun. There are a ton of platforms to play on like XBONE, Playstation 4, Wii U, PC, or even your iPhone. Now if we’re talking about gaming performance there is definitely a big gap between your iPhone and a gaming PC. But, what if you could use the power of your PC to play games on your iPhone? Well, now you can.
Any game you have installed on your PC that has controller support you can play on your iPhone. If you’re worried about performance, I can tell you that I had absolutely no performance issues with any of the games that I tested. Check out the video to see how smooth and well this process works below:
Now in order to get this to work, you’ll need a couple things.
- A PC with controller supported games installed. All the games I tested were installed through steam, but Moonlight claims to be able to stream anything from your PC.
- The Moonlight app on your iPhone: https://appsto.re/us/osZO7.i
- High speed internet
- An NVIDIA graphics card on your PC
The one thing you might not have is an NVIDIA graphics card. The reason you need NVIDIA is because Moonlight uses the NVIDIA GameStream feature in order to work. Unfortunately, at this point in time I don’t believe there’s a way to do this with an AMD graphics card. If you don’t know what kind of graphics card you have, just click “Start>Run” type in “dxdiag” and click on “Display” tab and you’ll see your graphics card listed.
Now that you have all working parts, set up it easy.
- Turn on your PC so it’s discoverable
- Open Moonlight app on your iPhone/iPad
- You should see your PC listed, but not paired. Tap on your PC and pair it with the 4 digit number
- This will populate all games installed on your computer on your iPhone
- Tap on a game to play it!
As I said before you’ll need to make sure the game has controller support because you obviously won’t be using a mouse and keyboard with your iPhone to play a game. I recommend that if you plan on using this regularly that you invest in a controller that works with your iPhone/iPad. The one I use and the one in the video is the Mad Catz C.T.R.Li and so far I have no complaints, not to mention is has a nice mount for your iPhone as well.
If you have issues setting this up, let us know in the comments below and I’ll try to help out as best I can. Let me know if you got this working and what games you’re playing!Like this post? Share it!
Related Topics: iPhone Apps