Just a few weeks ago, Cydia developer Elias Limneos tweeted that his popular jailbreak tweak, CallBar, is ready for iOS 9 and is at its final stages of testing. Just as expected, the developer has now released an update for the tweak in Cydia with iOS 9 support.
For folks who haven’t tried CallBar before, it displays the call interface as a banner at the top of the screen which occupies only one third of the screen rather than the entire display. In this way, you can continue using your iPhone while choosing to answer, decline or dismiss a call without stopping what you are doing.
Along with iOS 9 support, CallBar fixes a bunch of issues. Here’s the complete changelog of the latest update:
- Fixed a freeze issue with NightMode on iOS 9, added full compatibility with NightMode.
- Fixed a crash issue when accessing Notification Center
- Fixed a random crashing issue.
- Fixed Recents not displaying time of call.
- Fixed hangs when dialing from within Phone.app.
- Fixed several UI glitches.
- Improved CallBar’s Contacts UI
- UI Fixes in call-waiting, call-on-hold cases, status-bar silent cases.
- Switched to independent libraries per process, to avoid malformed tweaks from loading CallBar in non-related processes.
- Handles malformed UIKit-linking tweaks loading themselves in non-UIKit processes, causing CallBar to load in processes that it shouldn’t be loading itself.
- Fixes Safari reloading issue reported from some users on iOS 9 as a result of the above security fixes.
- Fixes call hangs reported from some users on iOS 9 as a result of the above security fixes.
- Updated with iOS 9 support
- Fixed an issue causing the intro sequence to get stuck at the Apple logo.
As for the pricing, CallBar will cost you $3.99, which sounds a little bit expensive but it is definitely worth every penny. If you’re an existing user who purchased CallBar previously then you can grab the latest version for free of charge.
If you’ve been waiting eagerly for CallBar to receive iOS 9 support, then head to Cydia now and purchase it from BigBoss repo. Make sure to let us know what you think about the latest update in the comments section.