We’ve seen tweaks that bring live weather forecasting to the Lock screen but Meteor is an upcoming jailbreak tweak that provides you a quick glance at the current temperate and weather condition from the Status bar and the Weather app icon.
The tweak adds a new icon to the Status bar that displays the current temperate of your location. It is refreshed regularly in the background to keep you updated on the weather temperature. In addition, the tweak adds live weather information and temperature to the Weather app icon on the Home screen.
Meteor also provides a few options for customizing the Status bar icon such as its position, temperature unit, information to display and more. All of these are accessible via the dedicated Settings pane that comes with the tweak. You can also set the location manually via the pane or let the tweak use Location Services to determine your location.
Here’s a list of features that it provides:
- Enable/Disable custom icon or status-bar icon (or both).
- Replace weather application icon text with current condition.
- Customise status-bar icon position (left/right).
- Customisable refresh delay (default is 30 minutes).
- Ability to use local weather (this requires that the Weather app is able to access location services).
As for the effect on the battery life, the developer claims that it is very minimal. Based on his tests, the battery drained 4-5% over an interval of 8 hours with the refresh rate set to 30 minutes. Ofcourse if you choose a higher refresh rate then the effect on the battery will be more.
Meteor is expected to land on Cydia soon and it will carry a price tag of $1.99. What do you think of the upcoming tweak? Is it worth the price? Let us know in the comments section.
For tutorials on how to jailbreak iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2:
- How to Jailbreak iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using Pangu Jailbreak [Windows]
- How to Jailbreak iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2 on a Mac using Pangu Jailbreak
You can also check our iOS 9.2.1 jailbreak and iOS 9.2 jailbreak page for the latest update: