Apple has just released watchOS 2.2 for Apple Watch. Here’s a quick guide on how to install watchOS 2.2 update on your Apple Watch.
watchOS 2.2 What’s New
watchOS 2.2 includes improvements such as the ability for Apple Watch owners to pair more than one Watch to an iPhone. It also enhances the Maps application with a new screen of actions and Nearby search powered by Yelp.
How to Install watchOS 2.2 on Apple Watch
To install the update, you need to make sure your Apple Watch is in the range of your iPhone, connected to the charger and charged at least 50%. Please note that the installation process could take 20-30 minutes.
- Install iOS 9.3 on your iPhone first. You won’t be able to install watchOS 2.2 update if your iPhone is running iOS 9.2.1 or lower.
- Launch the Apple Watch companion app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Then tap on Software Update. You should see the watchOS 2.2 software update available for download and install.
- Tap Download and Install.
- You will be prompted to enter your iPhone’s password. Enter it and tap on Done to continue.
- Then tap on Agree, to agree to the terms and conditions of the update.
- It should start downloading the update to your Apple Watch. It could take 10-15 minutes to download the update.
- After the update has been successfully downloaded, it will inform you that it is “Preparing” for the update.
- Before it can start the installation process, it will check whether the Apple Watch is connected to its charger and charged at least 50%. It will pause the installation. Tap on Ok after the conditions have been met, and to proceed with the installation process.
At this point, the installation process switches to the Apple Watch. The Apple Watch companion app will inform you that the update is being installed on the Apple Watch.
- When the installation on the Apple Watch starts it will restart the Apple Watch, and display the progress of the installation process. This is the updating screen on the Apple Watch.
- Your Apple Watch may reboot couple of times during the installation process. After the installation is complete, it will reboot your Apple Watch.
That’s it, your Apple Watch should be updated with watchOS 2. Let me know how it goes in the comments and please don’t forget to share your thoughts on watchOS 2.2.