TomTom has been a name practically synonymous with navigation for a long while, and now the company is making some changes to its iOS app to offer some freebies, at least for a short distance.
Through a brand new app called GO Mobile, TomTom has introduced a new method of offering free navigation, but only for the first 50 miles/70km you navigate in a single month. It’s a new freemium model, and the 50 mile limit will reset every single month, letting you have access to TomTom’s premium features for that stretch of travel without having to pay anything towards them.
Some of the premium features that you can find in the TomTom app include locations for speed traps, updates on traffic, and listings for “danger zones” as you’re navigating the roads. It also offers offline map support. Here are the other benefits that TomTom offers, either behind the paywall, or through the 50 miles offered free:
– World Maps: Install and update maps from around the world at no extra cost.**
– TomTom Traffic: Always know where delays are and whether a faster route is available.*
– Safety Cameras: Drive more relaxed with safety camera alerts, trusted by millions of TomTom GPS drivers.
– Offline Maps: Maps are stored on your device so you don’t need internet access or data roaming to plan a route.
– Points of Interest: From gas stations to hotels, your app comes pre-loaded with millions of useful POIs.
– Quick search: Find destinations faster with Quick Search. It starts finding locations as soon as you start typing.
– Navigate to Copied Addresses: Easily select locations you found on websites or other apps by copying their address and pasting it into Quick Search.
– Tap and go: Tap on your favorite destination on the map, and you’re on your way.
– Advanced Lane Guidance: Clearly see which lane to take at key junctions.
TomTom GO Mobile is now available from the iOS App Store, and a link to download the app is available below. It’s a free download, but if you want to pay for unlimited navigation use, it’ll cost you $22.19 for one year, or $49.95 for two years, available as in-app purchases. Owners of the old TomTom apps, per region, will get upgraded to the current unlimited model for free, and get three years for free.
- TomTom GO Mobile — Free