iOS 10 is currently in beta stage and is only intended for developers. However, that has not stopped many advanced users from jumping the gun and installing the beta on their iPhone or iPad. Being in beta stages, it is a given that the OS is filled with bugs and has stability and performance issues.
If you have not already, follow this article to install the iOS 10 beta on your iPhone or iPad. And if you are not a developer, you can still install the iOS 10 beta on your device by following these steps.
In this article, we highlight some of the most common issues and problems that beta iOS 10 users have reported since installing the OS on their device.
- Using Force Touch to reply to a SMS from the Lock Screen results in the reply window freezing that cannot be exited by pressing the Home button or by any other interaction. The only solution to this problem is to restart your iOS device once
- Taking screenshots of the new Lock Screen can lead to the device restarting itself
- Once an alarm has been stopped, it continues to remain on the Lock Screen as “snoozing” with a negative amount of time
- With the Reduced Motion setting enabled, performance in certain system apps like Safari can be slow and choppy
- Turning off sounds for the Keyboard also turns off haptic feedback
- Some widgets have rendering issue in the Today view and are cut off from the edges
- In iMessage, sending more than 3 emoji will lead them to be send in the normal text size and not the enlarged bubble as Apple had demoed
- Safari has some rendering problems that leads to images being garbled
- Even if you are interacting with any notification on the Lock screen, it does not stop the screen from timing out after 30 seconds
- Replying to a iMessage from the Lock screen leads to the device notifying of the message again
- Facebook application crashes while trying to uploading photos/videos. This is likely due to the app not being optimised for iOS 10 though
- Static noise when the device is connected to speakers using the 3.5mm audio jack
- Some users are reporting random resprings and reboots
- Siri crashes if you ask it your name
- The Transit settings menu in Apple Maps show ‘localised strong not found’
- The ‘Update All’ button in the iOS App Store does not work. You have to manually install updates for each app
- The Photos app does not show the location of your synced photos
- Random standby battery drain
- Multitasking with a lot of apps open can cause apps to start crashing
- The App Store is taking considerably longer to load and display results for many
- Phone shuts off with battery to spare, but shows that it needs to be connected to a charger before it can boot again
- The PPTP VPN type option from VPN configuration has been removed. It remains unclear if this is a bug or an intentional move from Apple
- Bluetooth audio stutters and comes out garbled
- The Lock sound plays even if it is turned off in Settings
- While selecting an alarm tune, the default alarm tone will continue playing until you force close the app
- Changing the orientation can sometimes lead the 9.7″ iPad Pro to lock its orientation. This can then only be fixed by restarting the device
- There are a lot of audio issues on the 9.7-inch iPad Pro, with the audio totally cutting off sometimes when headphones are plugged in
- The Photos app has some UI glitches on the 9.7-inch iPad Pro
If you have encountered any other issues or bugs in iOS 10 beta that we have not mentioned above, do drop in a comment below and let us know about it.