The latest Pangu jailbreak requires you to have a PC in order to use the 25PP software which installs the jailbreak app onto your iOS device. Unfortunately, the software works only on Windows leaving out Mac users, but a more terrible problem is that many users have been complaining that the jailbreak app fails to install on their device.
Although Pangu team has acknowledged the issue and is working to release a fix, there is a workaround to jailbreak any 64-bit iOS 9.2 – iOS 9.3 device without the need of a PC, thanks to well-known developers Ahmed ALNeaimy and iMokhles.
It works just like JailbreakMe back in the days, and in this guide, we will show how you can do it.
Before starting the jailbreak process, take note of the following important points:
- Pangu supports 64-bit devices such as:
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6G
- Pangu jailbreak works on iOS 9.2, iOS 9.2.1, iOS 9.3, iOS 9.3.1, iOS 9.3.2 & iOS 9.3.3.
- Pangu is a free jailbreak tool.
- Pangu jailbreak is semi-tethered and requires a jailbreak every time you reboot your device.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your iOS device using iTunes or iCloud so that you can restore your data later in case something goes wrong during the jailbreak process.
- If you’re on the fence and not sure if you should jailbreak your device, then check our post on some of the tops reasons to jailbreak iOS 9.1.
Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 Without a Computer
Step 1: On your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, launch Safari and navigate to the following URL: imokhles.com/pangujb/
Step 2: Tap on the Install button.
Step 3: You’ll get a prompt confirming the installation of the jailbreak app onto your device. Tap on the Install button to continue.
Step 4: The app will start to download and install on your device. You can view its progress from the Home screen.
Step 5: After the installation completes, go to Settings -> General -> Device Management, tap on the new profile that appears and then press the trust button.
Step 6: Go back to the Home screen and launch the PP/Pangu jailbreak app. Accept the notification prompt by tapping on the Ok button.
Step 7: Tap on the circle button in the middle of the screen and when it turns into a text, lock your device to start the jailbreak process. Before that, you can untick the tiny box below the circle if you don’t want to install the PP Store app.
Step 8: During the jailbreak process, you will receive a notification from PP/Pangu app along with a “Storage Almost Full” warning. You can safely ignore the warning. Do not unlock your device during the process. Once the jailbreak is completed, your device will respring and you should see Cydia on the Home screen.
Cydia will take some time “Preparing filesystem” when you launch it for the first time. It will exit after it is done, and respring your device.
Every time you reboot your device, you’ll have to use the PP app to re-jailbreak your device. So make sure that you don’t delete it else you can’t jailbreak your device once it is restarted.
Now that you’re jailbroken, make sure to read the following articles:
- List of Jailbreak Tweaks Compatible with iOS 9.3.3
- Top 6 Problems with Pangu iOS 9.2 – iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak and How to Fix them
- How to Re-Jailbreak iOS 9.3.3 – iOS 9.2 with Pangu after Rebooting iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
Let us know how it goes in the comments below.