After months of rumors and speculations, we’ve finally managed to get our hands on the matte black iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
I initially wanted to get the Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus, and the Black iPhone 7 so we could show you how the two new colors stack up. But had to settle for the matte black color for both the iPhones as the shipping estimates of Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus was 1 to 2 weeks as soon as Apple’s Online Store came online.
To start things off for the iPhone 7 launch day, check out our unboxing photos of the black iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
- The black iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus come in a white box with the photo of the back casing of the device to highlight the new color. The Jet Black iPhone 7 comes in a black colored box. The iPhone 6s box came with a colored, silhouette of the device with the photo of one of the animated live wallpapers. The color of the silhouette matches the color of the device. The iPhone 6 box featured a white, textured silhouette of the device inside. So this year’s box is a slight departure from previous years.
- The box is covered in a plastic wrap, which comes out easily by pulling on the tab. As far as I remember, this is new. You had to use something sharp to cut the plastic wrap, and then tear it open.
- The first thing you see when you open the box is the not the iPhone 7, but the designed by Apple in California paperboard.
- You then get the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, which is covered with a plastic protector at the front and black.
- Just below the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, you have the Lightning EarPods with the really small Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone adapter in a paperboard package. The attention to details is quite exemplary. In the front, you have the Lightning EarPods which are packaged in such a way that they look like AirPods.
- The Lightning-to-3.5mm adapter is pinned as if it is smiling at you, with the icon of headphones at one end and the iPhone at the other end to indicate that you need to put the Lightning port in the iPhone, and the headphones in the 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Unlike previous years, you don’t get the plastic casing for the Lightning EarPods.
- The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus both come with a 5W Power Adapter and the 1 meter long Lightning cable. I was hoping that the iPhone 7 Plus came with a more powerful iPad-like power adapter which charges the 5.5-inch iPhone much faster.
Here are our first photos of the Black iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. We have tried to capture various aspects of the device in addition to the unboxing, so let us know what you think.
Note: Click on any image below to see the full-resolution image, you can then go through them like a slideshow.
If you’ve any questions about the new iPhones then please feel free to ask them in the comments below.
Don’t forget to check out our iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus first impressions.