Let’s all just agree to the fact that Apple’s software quality is not what it used to be. With every new release of iOS packing in more new features than before, there are bound to be some bugs and issues that will slip from Apple’s testing.
While I am sure that beta releases and publicly testing an iOS build before its public release helps Apple in catching and fixing more bugs, it does not mean that all bug fixes will be released in the public release of that same iOS build. iOS 10 is no different in this regard. Despite plenty of beta releases and public testing, the final version of the OS comes with a few bugs. Below, we highlight some of the most common issues reported by users after installing the final release of iOS 10 on their devices.
- Using the brightness bar in the Control Center to bump the brightness to maximum whilst the camera app is in video mode does not work
- The notification panel has graphical glitches sometimes on an iPhone 6s Plus
- The Quick Reply window has graphical glitches while in landscape mode on iPhone 6
- Asking Siri “what’s my phone number” does not show the relevant information and the screen is filled with graphical issues
- The News widget app is failing to refresh with new content for users in some regions of the world
- In Apple Music, some users are reporting that certain artists names are greyed out and they cannot tap on it
- There is an invisible delete button in the new Music app of iOS 10
- Lyrics for your music will automatically disappear from the Music app in iOS 10 after some time. The only way to fix this issue is to resync your whole library again
- While sharing content through the share sheet to Messages, if you shake the phone whilst typing a message, the option shows up behind the share sheet
- Force restarting an iPhone can lead to the screen turning green for a second before the boot animation comes up
- Some iPhone 6s Plus users have reported that their handset has been rebooting randomly since installing iOS 10
- Sometimes, the keyboard does not automatically switch back to alphabet mode from ‘123’ mode
- Rotating the iPad with a quick reply window and keyboard open on the home screen can lead to graphical issues
- Changing the screen orientation can sometimes lead iPads to lock up completely
Discovered any other bug in iOS 10 that we missed? Drop a comment below and let us know about it.