Update: iOS 10.2 Yalu jailbreak now supports all 64-bit devices, except iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Luca Todesco has finally released the latest build of the Yalu jailbreak with support for iOS 10.2. The jailbreak is unstable and supports a fairly limited set of iOS devices such as iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE and iPad Pro.
If you own a non-supported iOS device then it’s best that you avoid using the iOS 10.2 Yalu jailbreak and wait until Luca adds support for it.
If you can’t wait for the stable version of Yalu to be released, then this tutorial will guide you through the steps to jailbreak iOS 10.2 on supported devices using Yalu and Cydia Impactor.
Read the following points before proceeding:
- This jailbreak is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE
- iPad Air,iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad Pro
- iPod Touch 6
- Yalu Jailbreak does not support the following iOS 10 devices yet:
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- The jailbreak works only on the above iOS devices running iOS 10.2. If you are on iOS 10.1 – iOS 10.1.1 then follow the guide here.
- The jailbreak is semi-tethered, similar to the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.3.3.
- Make sure that you take a complete backup of your device via iCloud or iTunes.
- Ensure that your device has enough battery level for the jailbreak process to complete.
- If the jailbreak doesn’t work properly, you will have to restore your device to the latest iOS firmware, which is iOS 10.2.1 currently.
How to Jailbreak iOS 10.2 using Yalu Jailbreak and Cydia Impactor
Step 2: Double click to open Cydia Impactor.
Step 3: Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 4: If Cydia Impactor recognizes your device, it will appear in the drop down list as shown below.
Step 7: Once the app is installed on your device, you should see its icon on the Home screen labelled “yalu102”.
Step 9: Press the “Trust” button.
Step 10: Go back to the Home screen and launch the yalu102 app.
Step 11: Press the Go button for the jailbreak to begin. Do not touch your device until the jailbreak is done.
Step 12: Your device will reboot automatically and Cydia should appear on the Home screen. If it’s not there, open the yalu102 app and jailbreak again.
Congrats, your device is now jailbroken! Cydia will take some time to perform the initial setup when you launch it for the first time. After it’s done, you can start using it, but keep in mind that you should only install the compatible tweaks to avoid running into issues. We will post the list of iOS 10.2 compatible jailbreak tweaks soon.
Additionally, this jailbreak is semi-tethered, which means that every time you restart your iOS device, you will have to launch the Yalu (yalu102) app to re-jailbreak it.
Let us know how it goes in the comments below.