When you receive a notification or alert on your iPhone, such as an incoming call, your device starts to vibrate to inform you about it. This is useful when your iPhone is placed in your pocket or is in silent mode. Sometimes your iPhone doesn’t vibrate and this causes important calls or notifications to be missed.
There are various reasons your iPhone stops vibrating ranging from wrong configurations to hardware problems such as a broken vibration motor. If you’re facing such a problem, then this tutorial will show you how to fix an iPhone that doesn’t vibrate and what to do if the vibration motor isn’t working.
iPhone Doesn’t Vibrate? Here’s How to Fix The Annoying Problem
1. Turn on ‘Vibrate on Ring’ or ‘Vibrate on Silent’ toggles
- Open the Settings app and go to Sounds.
- There you’ll find two toggles namely Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent. If you turn on Vibrate on Ring, your iPhone will vibrate when it isn’t in silent mode. On the other hand, if you toggle on Vibrate on Silent, then your iPhone will vibrate even when it is in silent mode.
- Turn on either or both of these toggles based on your preference.
2. Reset Settings
If your iPhone still doesn’t vibrate after turning on the toggles mentioned in the previous method, then an alternative fix is to reset your device’s settings. This won’t erase any content from your iPhone, but will rather reset the settings and change them back to factory defaults.
To reset your iPhone’s settings, do the following steps:
- Open Settings.
- Go to General.
- Scroll to the end and tap Reset.
- Select Reset All Settings and confirm to proceed.
- Once the reset is done, check to see if your iPhone starts vibrating.
3. Restore your iPhone
If none of the above methods work, then the last thing to do is to restore your iPhone.
- Take a backup of your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Go to the Summary page.
- Click on the Restore button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once restored, test to see if your iPhone vibrates.
4. iPhone still doesn’t vibrate
If your iPhone still doesn’t vibrate after trying all the methods above, then there may be a hardware issue. Before heading to the Apple Store for a repair, it’s better to first check whether the vibration motor in your iPhone is working properly or not. To do so, go to Settings -> Sounds, toggle off Vibrate on Silent and then toggle it on. If your device vibrates then it means that the vibration motor works fine and that there is a software issue.
If it doesn’t vibrate, you can perform another test to make sure. On the same settings page, toggle on Vibrate on Silent and Vibrate on Ring switches and then flip the Silent / Ring switch back and forth. If your iPhone still fails to vibrate, then it means that the vibration motor has an issue and that you have to take it to the Apple Store and get it repaired.
These are some of the ways of fixing an iPhone that doesn’t vibrate. It’s very important to have vibration enabled so that you won’t miss out on important notifications. Hopefully by now your iPhone starts vibrating for incoming notifications and you can use it without any issues.Like this post? Share it!
Related Topics: How To