The Phone app is probably one of the frequently used apps on iPhone. Users depend on it to make calls to their contacts and listen to voicemails. While the app offers most of the essential features that a normal user would require, there’s still some important functionality that is missing.
One of the common features that users have been requesting Apple to add is the ability to make speed dials. If you don’t know what this is, Speed Dial is a feature that allows you to press and hold a number on the dial pad to quickly call a particular contact.
CallPlus is a new jailbreak tweak that brings a number of new features to the Phone app to enhance its functionality. It provides the following features:
- Lets you choose whether you want to call or text when you tap on a contact in the Recents tab.
- Colorizes the texts in the Recents tab so that you can easily differentiate between incoming calls, outgoing calls, and missed calls.
- Enable call protection so that Touch ID authorization is required every time you want to make a call from your iPhone.
- Provides speed dial functionality so that you can quickly call contacts by tapping and holding a number on the dial pad.
- Displays your favorite contacts in the App Switcher so that you can call from there.
This is a nice set of features that the tweak provides for the Phone app. The best one is indeed the speed dial function that many iOS users wish to have.
Once you install CallPlus, head to the tweak’s preferences pane. From there, you can enable or disable each of the features that are offered and configure their options.
To enable speed dialing, go to the ‘Speed Dial’ section. Here you can assign the phone number of your contacts to each of the number keys on the dial pad. You can add up to 9 speed dial contacts. While this is a nice feature, the only thing that I don’t like is that the tweak requires you to input the phone numbers manually instead of selecting them from contacts, which is much faster and more convenient.
The ‘Switcher Call’ section is where you can add contacts to be shown at the top of the App Switcher. Again, here you also have to manually enter the contact information, which is very inconvenient. The tweak requires you to input the phone number of your favorite contact as well as select his/her photo. You can add up to 4 of your favorite contacts to the App Switcher.
The remaining options are toggles that allow you to enable or disable other features of this tweak such as colored logs in the Recents tab, call protection, and so on.
Once you’re done configuring the tweak, you’ll have to respring your device for the changes to take place. Simply press the Save button at the bottom of the tweak’s preference pane and your device will respring to apply the new features that you enabled.
Whether you find this tweak useful or not completely depends on your needs. While I like the wide range of features that this tweak provides, it doesn’t really add any essential feature other than speed dialing.
If you’re interested to try this tweak, CallPlus is available for $1.50 on Cydia’s BigBoss repo. The tweak works on jailbroken iPhone running on iOS 10. It doesn’t support iOS 9 and older versions.
You may also want to check out:
- The 10 Best Jailbreak Apps and Tweaks for iPhone Lock Screen on iOS 10
- 7 Best Jailbreak Tweaks for iOS 10 Messages App
- The Best Jailbreak Tweaks for iOS 10 Control Center
If you’d like to jailbreak your device on iOS 10, read the following guide: