Apple’s iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus went on sale earlier today. I managed to get my hands on a black (Space Gray) iPhone 8 Plus. I am still eagerly waiting for the iPhone X but the iPhone 8 Plus should give us a sense of what to expect especially when it comes to hardware since most of the internals are the same.
This time around the decision on which color to buy was a little easier. iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are only available in Space Gray, Silver and Gold colors. The gold iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus also look really nice, and feels luxurious. I would be tempted to go for it if it wasn’t for the white front panel.
I picked up the iPhone 8 Plus from the Apple Store, and it was my first launch day experience. It was quite brilliant. Apple really knows how to make their customers feel special on such days.
I didn’t have to wait in line as I had pre-ordered my iPhone 8 Plus, but the lines weren’t too long as you would expect on the launch of the new iPhone. I am assuming a majority of the users are waiting for the iPhone X.
To start things off for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus launch day, check out our unboxing photos of the black iPhone 8 Plus.
- The Space Gray iPhone 8 Plus came in a dark gray box, unlike the white box in case of iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. The black box has the photo of the shiny back casing of the black iPhone, which makes it stand out. You got to love Apple attention to details, and how it has been changing the design of the box based on the new iPhone.
- The box is covered in a plastic wrap, which comes out easily by pulling on the tab. Apple introduced this packaging last year with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, and it makes it much easier to take it off. I still remember the unboxing videos where the YouTuber had to use something sharp to cut the plastic wrap and tear it open.
- The first thing you see when you open the box is the not the iPhone 8 Plus, but the designed by Apple in California paperboard.
- The iPhone 8 Plus is also covered with a plastic protector at the front and black. After removing the plastic cover, the first thing I noticed was the new Space Gray color. Space Gray color of the aluminum casing is not as dark as the matte black iPhone 7 Plus but it is also not light as the previous space gray iPhones. The glass back casing is a lot darker and looks like the jet black iPhone 7 Plus. It looks amazing.
- Just below the iPhone, you have the Lightning EarPods with the really small Lightning to 3.5mm Headphone adapter in a paperboard package at the back. I was worried that Apple may decide to stop including the adapter.
- The Lightning-to-3.5mm adapter is pinned as if it is smiling at you, with the icon of headphones at one end and the iPhone at the other end to indicate that you need to put the Lightning port in the iPhone, and the headphones in the 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Unfortunately, iPhone 8 Plus comes with a 5W Power Adapter and the 1 meter long Lightning cable. I was hoping that it would come with a more powerful iPad-like power adapter which charges the 5.5-inch iPhone much faster.
Space Gray iPhone 8 Plus Unboxing Photos
Here are our first photos of the Black iPhone 8 Plus. We have tried to capture various aspects of the device in addition to the unboxing, so let us know what you think.
I also managed to grab some photos of the silver and gold iPhone 8 Plus. As I mentioned earlier, I really liked the gold except for its white front panel.
Silver iPhone 8 Plus Photos
Gold iPhone 8 Plus Photos
The photos don’t do a lot of justice as the gold (beige) looks a lot lighter in the photos.
Note: Click on any image below to see the full-resolution image, you can then go through them like a slideshow.
If you’ve any questions about the iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus then please feel free to ask them in the comments below.Like this post? Share it!