Following the public launch of iOS 11 Apple is updating some important apps along the way.
Both apps are available now to update. The first of which, TestFlight, is bringing a new user interface that matches with iOS 11. The app list will now show the apps that a user is currently testing, as well as which apps are no longer being tested, and apps that are incompatible for the device that’s currently being used.
Here’s the changelog from Apple for TestFlight 2.0:
What’s New in Version 2.0.0
• This update includes a redesigned user interface for iOS 11
• The app list displays apps currently being tested, previously tested apps (including expired and removed apps), and apps that are incompatible for the device being used
• A new welcome screen appears when opening the TestFlight for the first time after updating
• You can now use 3D Touch on the TestFlight app icon to redeem a code or update all apps
• Split view is supported
Meanwhile, Swift Playgrounds is also getting updated to version 1.6. This will introduce a new augmented reality (AR) challenge to learning developers. Those using Swift Playgrounds will also be able to access the iPad’s camera from within their code, and errors that are discovered in your code will now be more clearly explained.
Here’s the changelog from Apple for Swift Playgrounds 1.6:
What’s New in Version 1.6
• New Augmented Reality challenge uses ARKit to show Byte’s virtual world within the real world
• You can now access the iPad camera from your code
• Errors in your code are more clearly explained
• Your code can take advantage of Swift 4 and the iOS 11 SDK
• New languages for the app and the Learn to Code 1 lessons include: Spanish (Spain), Italian, Dutch, Chinese (traditional), Korean, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Portuguese (Brazil)
* ARKit features require an iPad Pro or iPad (5th generation) running iOS 11
Both updates are now live, so if you already have the apps installed, you can update them now. If you don’t, links to both are available below.
- TestFlight — Free
- Swift Playground — Free