To make it easier for developers to build machine learning models, Apple has shared its Turi Create framework on GitHub. Turi Create is aimed at helping simplify the development of custom machine learning models for novice developers.
Using the Turi Create framework, developers would be easily able to add recommendations, object detection, image classification, image similarity and activity classification in their app. The framework is ready for deployment on macOS, iOS, watchOS and tvOS.
Turi Create simplifies the development of custom machine learning models. You don’t have to be a machine learning expert to add recommendations, object detection, image classification, image similarity or activity classification to your app.
- Easy-to-use: Focus on tasks instead of algorithms
- Visual: Built-in, streaming visualizations to explore your data
- Flexible: Supports text, images, audio, video and sensor data
- Fast and Scalable: Work with large datasets on a single machine
- Ready To Deploy: Export models to Core ML for use in iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS apps
Apple had purchased the Seattle-based Turi company back in 2o16 for upwards of $200 million to improve its own machine learning techniques. Post the acquisition, Apple converted the Turi team into its own internal machine learning division where they worked on integrating its various technologies together.
If you are a developer, head over to the GitHub page below for the installation instructions and relevant documentation on how to use Turi Create.