iPhone X has been voted as one of the 25 best inventions of 2017, but like most iPhone models, it also comes with its own set of problems. One of the issues people are facing with their shiny new iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus is Bluetooth problems.
Some users seem to be having problems connecting their iPhone or iPhone 8/8Plus to Bluetooth devices, while in some cases they’re reporting that their iPhone keeps disconnecting from the Bluetooth especially with car audio systems.
The first step you’d want to take is to ensure that the problem is with your iPhone X or iPhone 8/8 Plus and not with the Bluetooth accessory you’re trying to connect to. So try connecting to the accessory with your Mac, PC or any other device, and see if things work fine or not.
If you find out that the problem lies with your iPhone, here are a few solutions you could try to fix the Bluetooth issues on your iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus:
#1. Install Latest iOS Software Update
If you haven’t done so already, update your iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus to the latest iOS software update. We’ve heard that in some cases upgrading to the latest software update has fixed the issue. If you need help, check our step-by-step guide:
#2. Turn off Bluetooth and Hard Reset
The first thing to try is to turn off your Bluetooth and restart your iPhone or iPad:
- Turn off Bluetooth by going to Settings > Bluetooth and turning off the Bluetooth toggle.
- Hard reset your iPhone. Please note that if you’ve used an iPhone before then the method of force rebooting iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus has changed. So pressing the Power/Sleep or Wake button won’t work. Follow these steps to force restart iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button (Sleep/Wake button) till you see the Apple logo.
- Now enable Bluetooth again from Control Center or Settings > Bluetooth.
Try connecting to the device now. If the problem still isn’t solved, try the next solution.
#3. Forget Device
If the previous tip didn’t work for you, you can try forgetting the device you paired with from Settings, and then try reconnecting:
- Open Settings and go to Bluetooth
- Tap on the “i” icon against the device name you’re having problems connecting
- Tap on the “Forget This Device” button and confirm your action
- Now pair your iPhone or iPad with the device again, and see if the issue has been solved
#4. Reset Network Settings
If none of the two tips worked, you could also try resetting your network settings. A side effect of doing this is that all your Wi-Fi settings will also be cleared, so you might have to rejoin Wi-Fi networks, and configure VPN all over again.
Here’s how to reset network settings:
- Open Settings and navigate to General > Reset
- Tap Reset Network Settings
- You’ll be required to enter your passcode if you have one.
- Confirm your action in the popup
Your iPhone will reboot. Once it starts up, try pairing with the Bluetooth device again. If your problem still isn’t solved, move to the next step.
#5. Restore and Setup as new iPhone
This is not ideal, but if none of these tips fix your issues, the last resort is to restore your iPhone or iPad via iTunes and set it up as a new device. This way, you start afresh and get rid of possibly problematic customizations and settings on your device. Follow the instructions in the post linked below to do a clean restore to the latest version of iOS via iTunes.
#6. Visit an Apple Store
Even after performing all these steps, you’re still having problems, then you might want to visit your nearest Apple Store to know of any possible hardware related issues.
Have you faced problems connecting your iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus with Bluetooth accessories? Let us know in the comments below.