A few days back, hacker Abraham Masri had released a tool called Houdini that brought some jailbreak functionalities like the ability to theme and customize your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch on iOS 10.x (except iOS 10.3.3). Masri was quick to point out it is not a jailbreak nor does it allow you to install jailbreak tweaks, like some websites are reporting.
He has just released Houdini beta 2 which includes support for iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2. The second beta version includes the following new changes and improvements:
- iOS 11 support
- Faster startup time
- Change Icon shapes (iOS 11)
- System-wide ads Blocker (iOS 11)
- Change Emoji fonts (iOS 11)
- Change boot logo (iOS 11)
- Add your face to Animoji (iOS 11) (X only)
- Themes temporarily disabled (iOS 11)
- Added safety measurements
Here are the other cool things you can do with it:
- Hide/rename user-installed apps’ labels
- Add Cydia sources and install themes
- Clean all apps cache
- Change device’s display resolution
- Hide/rename 3D Touch icons’ shortcuts.
- Edit Siri’s suggestions list
- Theme passcode keypad (iOS 11 style or custom pictures)
- Colorize and resize icon badges.
- Theme Control center icons and sliders
- Theme Lock Screen ‘Music Control’ icons
If you’re waiting for Cydia and Cydia Substrate to be released for iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2, then Houdini may be a good option if you’re interested in theming and customizing your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
You can download Houdini beta 2 from the official website. You will need to sideload the Houdini.ipa file using Cydia Impactor.
Have you used Houdini? Let us know how it goes in the comments.Like this post? Share it!