In the United States, Apple Pay support continues to gain traction from banks and credit unions, with Apple now filling in the regional areas.
Today, 9to5Mac has a quick list of the newest additions. At the time of publication there are 25 new banks and credit unions. The majority of the major banking establishments already support Apple’s mobile payment option, so now it is just about offering support from the regional options.
So here are the new entries:
- Bayer Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Central Sunbelt Federal Credit Union
- Cornerstone Community Financial CU
- First National Bank in Fairfield
- First National Bank of Muscatine
- First Southwest Bank
- Franklin-Somerset Federal Credit Union
- Gas & Electric Credit Union
- Houston Highway CU
- Lincoln Maine Federal Credit Union
- Linn-Co Federal Credit Union
- MED5 FEDERAL CREDITUNION
- Ohio University Credit Union
- Ohio Valley Bank
- Ohnward Bank and Trust
- On Tap Credit Union
- Pennsville National Bank
- Salisbury Bank and Trust
- School Systems FCU
- Shelby Savings Bank
- Shoreline Credit Union
- Taunton Federal Credit Union
- The Colorado Bank & Trust Company of La Junta
- Triad Bank
- UNO FCU
The last batch of new entries to support Apple Pay was released earlier this month, with 26 new names added to the list.
There are a lot of banks and credit unions in the United States. In this writer’s own experience, a small town with just over 1,000 citizens had three different banks to choose from. So while these batches add quite a few banks at a time, there are probably still quite a few that need to support Apple Pay, even all these years later.
Does your bank not support Apple Pay yet?
[via 9to5Mac]Like this post? Share it!