The 11-inch and 12.9-inch 2018 iPad Pro went on sale across most parts of the world yesterday. With the 2018 refresh of its iPad Pro lineup, Apple has completely redesigned the devices and ditched its proprietary Lightning connector. We have managed to get our hands on the 11-inch iPad Pro. Check out our first impressions and other interesting tidbits about the device.
Along with the 11-inch iPad Pro, we also got the second-generation Apple Pencil and the Smart Keyboard folio case for the tablet. Below are our thoughts about them.
- Apple does not bundle any USB-C earphones or a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter with the 11-inch iPad Pro. This means you cannot plug in your existing headphones or earphones to the tablet right out of the box.
- The lack of Lightning port also means you cannot use your EarPods with your new iPad.
- Thankfully, there’s an 18W USB-C power adapter which will charge the new iPad faster than the previous 12W brick.
- The new squarish design of the iPad Pro makes it feel like a very slim book. However, the rear panel with asymmetrical antenna lines looks odd and ugly.
- The rear camera hump is massive and sorely sticks out of the thin chassis of the device.
- The Smart Keyboard Folio has an improved fit and finish compared to the outgoing model.
- The Folio case needs to be folded when one is reading content on their iPad or holding the tablet in their hand. This makes holding the device a bit odd since when the case is folded, the keyboard goes at the rear.
- While the fit and finish of the case are impeccable, it is a dust magnet.
- The magnets inside the new iPad are very strong. The Apple Pencil connects securely to the tablet and won’t fall off even when the device is shaken vigorously.
- In fact, the magnets are so strong, the new iPad can stick to your refrigerator without falling down.
- The home screen feels grossly underused for a device with such a big screen.
Have you purchased the 11-inch or 12.9-inch iPad Pro? If yes, what do you think about it? If you went for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro, what made you decide on it over its smaller sibling? Drop a comment and share your thoughts with us!Like this post? Share it!