Apple’s Clips app is a creative and easy way to quickly make and share quick videos, which utilizes a variety of scenes, customization options, and more to spice up the content.
And the app is now receiving even more personalization options. That starts with brand new content from the Disney and Pixar movie Incredibles 2. What’s more, Apple is taking full advantage of the TrueDepth camera system that’s available in the iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and the iPhone XR (and the new iPad Pro lineup) to offer up six additional Selfie Scenes, including a monster laboratory, “high above the clouds”, and an “animal forest”.
There are 17 new royalty-free soundtracks that can be added to a clip as well, including “tracks to match new Selfie Scenes plus fun pop, lounge, and vintage-inspired music”. These new soundtracks will automatically adjust to match the length of your video as well.
Here is Apple’s full changelog:
- Choose from 6 new Selfie Scenes that use the TrueDepth camera system to take you to an animal forest, monster laboratory, high above the clouds, and more
- Transport yourself to downtown Municiberg in the middle of a thrilling Selfie Scene from Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2
- Selfie Scenes use the Neural Engine on the A12 Bionic chip for high quality portrait segmentation during preview and recording
- Use 3 new filters to make your video look like a monochromatic comic book, watercolor painting, or aged film
- Create great-looking title cards with 8 new customizable posters with themes including science, sports, and silent movie
- Choose from 8 expressive stickers and 4 colorful text labels to add emphasis and annotations to your video
- Select from 17 new royalty-free soundtracks, including tracks to match new Selfie Scenes plus fun pop, lounge, and vintage-inspired music that automatically adjusts to the length of your video
A link to download the free Clips app is available below.
- Clips — Free