One of the biggest benefits of Fortnite Battle Royale is the fact that when Epic Games releases an update, it’s available across platforms — even iOS.
As such, Fortnite is welcoming the start of Season 7 today. If you’ve been catching the teases up to this point, then you know that this season will be holiday-themed, and match the winter snowfall as well. The map is covered in snow, which will change how players will navigate the terrain. But if you don’t like to run around all that often, you can try to find the brand new X-4 Stormwing Plane, which seats five (four on the wings, one in the pilot seat). The plane allows for quick navigation, boasts a mounted machine gun (which can overheat), and players will go into the skydiving state when they jump out of it for (potentially) safe landings.
There are a variety of new skins to choose from. Epic will follow suit with previous seasons, introducing some of those new costumes in the Battle Pass that players can unlock the longer they play and by completing challenges. However, most of the new costumes will be available as in-game purchases via the title’s currency, V-Bucks.
There is a new biome called Iceberg. And there are three new locations on the map: Frosty Flights, Polar Peak, and Happy Hamlet. Epic says there are other unnamed points of interest on the map now, too.
Meanwhile, specifically for mobile (FBR is available for both iOS and Android), there are quite a few changes and bug fixes. That includes 60fps support for the newest iPad Pro models (the iPhone XS and iPhone XR picked up this feature last month). Here are the major bullet points:
- 60 FPS enabled on the iPad Pro 2018.
- 4x MSAA Anti-Aliasing turned back on for iOS.
- Improved performance on all Galaxy Note 9 devices as well as the North American variant of the
- Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Added support for the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018).
- Fixed the black border on the iPad Pro 2018.
- Fixed graphics settings on previous supported iPad Pro models.
- Fixed incorrect quality settings for iPad 6th Generation.
- Fixed occasional shadow flickerings in the game lobby.
You can check out the launch trailer for Fortnite Season 7 below:
How often are you playing Fortnite on your mobile devices?Like this post? Share it!