Epic Games recently removed the Infinity Blade series from the App Store in its entirety, but it looks like the titular blade from the mobile game will live on.
The first patch for Fortnite Battle Royale‘s seventh season has arrived, bringing the game version to v7.01. With it, there is the addition of the limited-time game mode Close Encounters, where all the weapons available are shotgun variants. There is also a change to the X-4 Stormwing airplane that Epic introduced with season 7, making it so that when a plane is shot down the pilot, and any passengers, will now take 25 point of damage from the ensuing explosion.
There is quite a bit more in the new patch, but the primary focus this time around is the Infinity Blade.
That’s what the brand new sword is called that Epic has introduced into the Fortnite universe. The new weapon can be found at the top of the brand new location, Polar Peak. When a player picks it up, it’s a two-handed weapon and it’s the only one that the player can use. Interestingly, picking up the melee weapon will also force the rest of your inventory items, aside from your building items, to drop to the ground. So it’s a strategic choice for sure.
Only one Infinity Blade will appear in a single instance of a battle royale match, and when a player dies with the sword it will be dropped so that other players can pick it up if they want. There is quite a bit to digest with the new Infinity Blade, so here are the bullet points:
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found on Polar Peak.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow (75 damage to players).
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players (25 damage).
- The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
- The first player to pull the Infinity Blade from its pedestal will be instantly healed to full Health and Shields.
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Only one Infinity Blade will appear per match.
The first season 7 patch is available now for all platforms that Fortnite is available on, including iOS.
Epic launched season 7 of the popular battle royale game earlier this month. And, as mentioned above, it introduced new things like an airplane, but also added new biomes, snow on the map (with ice in some locations as well), a variety of new character skins, new emotes and dances, and more.
Epic has also confirmed that it will be bringing new skins to Fortnite based on the Infinity Blade franchise, which should launch sometime during the seventh season.
How much time are you spending in Fortnite on your iOS device these days?
[via Polygon]Like this post? Share it!