Along with updates to iOS, macOS, and tvOS, Apple also updated the Siri Shortcuts app to bring some more functionality to the mix, along with plenty of bug fixes.
Siri Shortcuts is now updated to version 2.1.2, and the new software is available to download and install right now for free. The new additions to the app are pretty short, but you can now post directly to Tumblr using Shortcuts. (Unless its adult content, that is.) What’s more, Apple tweaked the “Get Time Between Dates” action so it can now count the number of months between two dates.
The primary role for this new software is plenty of bug fixes, which are listed below:
- Fixed an issue where the screen describing which apps and services are used by a shortcut may not appear when downloading a shortcut
- Fixed an issue that caused shortcuts with the Open App or Play Sound actions to fail when Siri is used to run the shortcuts
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts with Repeat with Each actions may freeze when they’re run from the widget or Library tab
- Fixed an issue where the Phone Number action may not understand phone numbers that contain commas (pauses) or have long extension codes
- Fixed an issue where the Show Directions action may not work when it’s run from the Shortcuts Today View widget on the Lock screen
- Fixed an issue where the Add New Reminder action doesn’t work when a time or location isn’t entered
- Fixed an issue where the Send Payment action may not appear to finish when making Apple Pay Cash payments
- Fixed an issue where the Ask for Input action’s default answer field for dates wouldn’t support 24-hour time
- Fixed an issue where the Get Name of Emoji action showed the emoji name in English when the device is set to another language
- Fixed an issue where some shortcuts may show an error message when they’re run from Search
- Fixed an issue where shortcuts may fail to download web pages with long Unicode titles
- Fixed an issue where the Run Editorial Workflow action doesn’t pass a result
- iCloud sync improvements
- Localization improvements
If you don’t already have Shortcuts installed on your device, you can find a link to the app below.
- Shortcuts — Free