The @pwn20wnd team has released beta 29 of unc0ver 3.0.0 which has full support to jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 and features Cydia and Substrate compatibility. For now, the jailbreak tool only supports A8X-A11 powered iOS devices like the iPhone 7, iPhone 8, and iPhone X.
With the release of the latest beta of unc0ver, you can now jailbreak your iPhone or iPad running iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2. Before you proceed with the jailbreaking steps though, there are a few things you must keep in mind as mentioned in the official change-log of the release.
- Delete OTA file from Settings – Storage if present and reboot before attempting the jailbreak to prevent a possible bootloop
- This versions contains full-fledged Cydia and Substrate support for iOS 12 on compatible devices that are listed above. This means that Cydia and Tweaks are fully functional
- Some repos may not function with Cydia/APT yet due to a bug in Apple’s code on iOS 12 (See https://twitter.com/sbingner/status/1099050396557893632)
- This is considered to be safe to try as long as you make sure you have no downloaded OTA file
- It is still possible to restore or downgrade your device to iOS 12.1.1~b3 to use this jailbreak even if you are on iOS 12.1.3 or up (See https://twitter.com/Pwn20wnd/status/1093191940831567872)
- Reboot and re-attempt the jailbreak if it gets stuck at “Extracting Cydia…”
It is also recommended that you go ahead and download the tvOS 12 update profile on your iPhone or iPad. This will block iOS updates from showing up and downloading on your device and save you from a lot of trouble.
While still a beta, you will be easily able to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad using the latest beta release of unc0ver. You might run into some compatibility issues with some repositories in Cydia but that’s about it. In case you accidentally updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 12.1.4, you still have the option of downgrading it back to iOS 12.1.1 beta 3 as its still being signed by Apple.
You can download the latest beta of unc0ver from its GitHub page.
Now that an iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 jailbreak is out, will you be jailbreaking your device?
Looking to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad using the latest release of unc0ver? Follow our detailed guide for the step-by-step instructions on how to jailbreak iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2 using unc0ver jailbreak.