Pandora is meant to offer the best possible way to listen to customized stations, and that’s getting tweaked even more.
Today, Pandora officially announced “Pandora Modes”. This is a way to quickly and easily customize various stations, all while fine tuning exactly what you want to listen to from artists. The new feature is available for free and premium listeners, so it’s not locked behind a monthly subscription.
“Today, we’re introducing Pandora Modes, a new feature allowing both free and premium users across all tiers of service to customize their listening experience on their favorite Pandora stations for how they want to listen now. This latest innovation for our millions of listeners offers a set of selectable “modes” that give you more control over the kinds of songs that are played on your Pandora stations. Think of it as “leaning in” just a bit from the “lean back” Pandora station listening experience you know and love.”
The “My Station” Mode will not be changing, and it will remain the “classic” station that the majority of Pandora customers have come to love. Here are the additional Modes:
- 2. Crowd Faves: You’ll hear the most thumbed-up songs by other listeners within that station
- 3. Deep Cuts: You’ll go deeper into the catalog of that station artist/genre.
- 4. Discovery: You’ll hear more artists who don’t usually play on that station.
- 5. Newly Released: You’ll hear the newest releases from that station artist/genre.
- 6. Artist Only: You’ll hear only songs by that station artist.
Pandora Modes is launching today and it should be widely available as of the time of publication. It’s worth noting that the default is the aforementioned “My Station” mode. However, once you jump over to another Mode you’ll stay in that one until you switch out of it on your own. The new Modes are available only on the web to start, but they will be rolling out to the mobile app in the “coming months”.