Apple’s iMovie app has now been updated to version 2.2.7. The latest update heralds with a slew of new effects, soundtracks, and support for images with transparent backgrounds. The green screen effect is designed to replace any green or blue background in your videos with custom images.
The iMovie app update offers 80 new soundtracks spread across different genres and lengths. The iMovie app also comes with a feature that allows you to add images with transparent backgrounds in your videos. This is especially useful if you want to keep a logo on the screen.
According to the changelog, iMovie update snags the following features,
- Drop in still images with transparent backgrounds to use as logos or custom graphics on top of your video
- Add photos as overlays to create picture-in-picture and split-screen effects
Choose to hide the border that surrounds picture-in-picture and split-screen effects
- Instantly return to the edit screen of your project when switching back to iMovie from other applications• ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app
- For users with videos in iMovie Theater, the Theater window is now accessible from the ••• menu at the bottom of the Projects screen
- Sharing to iMovie Theater is no longer supported; save your movies and trailers to iCloud Photos to watch them on other devices including Apple TV
- Resolves an issue that could lead to a black viewer when previewing your video fullscreen on an external display
iMovie started its life as a basic video editing tool and later evolved into a more advanced and professional video editing tool. It is also worth noting that Apple has removed the feature to share to iMovie Theater. Instead, all the movies and trailers will now be saved on iCloud Photos.