Apple seeded the first beta of iOS 13 to developers and advanced users today. Being a beta — and the first one at that — it is not without its own set of issues and bugs. There are plenty of bugs and stability issues and if you are thinking of installing the iOS 13 developer beta on your iPhone/iPad, you should be aware of such bugs.
Most of the advanced users, early adopters, and developers who installed the iOS 13 beta have reported all the bugs on Reddit and other forums. Below, we have collated a list of such bugs and stability issues that have so far been discovered in iOS 13 beta.
If you have not already, you can install the iOS 12 developer beta on your iPhone or iPad without a developer account by following this guide.
iOS 13 Beta Bugs Discovered So far
- The Maps Nearby Widgets shows an “Unable to Load” error.
- Going into certain sections of the Settings app makes it crash on iPhone XR.
- Search option in Settings menu is missing.
- Third-party apps like Fantastical and Weather up are broken.
- Uploading images in Safari on any website will lead the browser to crash.
- Health app might crash while showing the Activity Trends.
- Certain sections of the App Store might show a blank page.
- On the iPad, editing the widgets requires one to change the orientation to landscape.
- AirPlay mirroring is not working properly and can lead to unexpected issues.
- If you had a large photo library, it will take a very long time to show up in iOS 13.
- Face ID randomly stops working. A restart seems to resolve this issue.
- Uploading books to iCloud Drive from the Books app is currently broken.
- Continuity is broken on certain iPhones and iPads.
- The volume adjustment bar in iOS 13 lock screen stops working when media is paused.
- The Mail app will crash when using VoiceOver.
- Picture in Picture in the new Apple Maps might not load all the time.
- Apple Maps app quits randomly every once in a while.
- 3D Touching apps an unread Messages thread will cause the app to crash.
- The option to save videos received in iMessage is missing.
- Random soft reboots and resprings on iPad Pro.
- Sharing an app over iMessage by 3D Touching its icon on the home screen will lead to the thread crashing.
- ‘Play Next’ and ‘Play Later’ functionality are broken in Music app.
- Custom SMS/ringtone syncing is broken.
- The trending tab in Health tab is broken for some.
As more users and developers end up installing the iOS 13 beta on their device, we are going to see more bugs being reported. Given the sheer number of features that iOS 13 packs, the first set of beta builds of the OS are going to have more bugs and stability issues than usual.
If you have encountered any bug or problem in iOS 13 that’s not mentioned above, drop a comment and let us know about it!
This article was last updated on June 14, 2019.