Apple has released the final build of iOS 12. 4 and watchOS 5.3. Both updates are pretty major in nature and fix some underlying bugs as well.
While Apple did not add any new feature to the beta builds of iOS 12.4, the final build does bring iPhone migration which will allow users to transfer data from their old iPhone to a new one wirelessly during setup.
Other changes in iOS 12.4 include Apple News+ enhancements and a fix for the Walkie-Talkie eavesdropping app on the Apple Watch.
Below is the full change-log of iOS 12.4:
– Introduces the ability to wirelessly transfer data and migrate directly from an old iPhone to a new iPhone during setup
– Makes downloaded issues accessible in the My Magazines section, both offline and online
– Adds all publications in Apple News+, including newspapers, to the catalog at the top of the News+ feed
– Adds the ability to clear downloaded magazine issues by selecting History > Clear > Clear All
Other improvements and fixes
– Includes a security fix for the Walkie-Talkie app on Apple Watch and re-enables Walkie-Talkie functionality
It was believed that the final release of iOS 12.4 would also coincide with the launch of Apple Card but that does not seem to be the case.
As for watchOS 5.3, it expands ECG app support on the Apple Watch Series 4 to Canada and Singapore. The update also fixes the Walkie-Talkie eavesdropping bug which was reported last week.
Below is the full change-log of watchOS 5.3:
– Provides important security updates including a fix for the Walkie-Talkie app
– ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 now available in Canada and Singapore
– Irregular heart rhythm notifications now available in Canada and Singapore
iOS 12.4 and watchOS 5.3 are likely the final releases of the respective OSes, with Apple now focusing on the release of iOS 13 and watchOS 6 in September.
You can grab the latest update by going to the Software Update section on your iPhone. For Apple Watch, you will need to use the Watch app on your iPhone.