Earlier today, Apple released the third beta of iOS 13 and iPadOS 13. Apart from bug fixes and stability improvements, the latest developer beta adds a bunch of minor UI tweaks and changes.
Below is a look at all the changes in iOS 13 beta 3 that we have discovered so far.
iOS 13 Beta 3: Everything That’s New
- There’s now a subtle UI indicator to show which app is active and receiving text input when in Split View mode.
It's subtle, but iPadOS 13 beta 3 shows which app in Split View is actively receiving text input.
Watch the pill-shaped indicator at the top. This has been an issue since Split View launched in iOS 9. pic.twitter.com/VkJyOGFMFh
— Federico Viticci (@viticci) July 2, 2019
- The Notes app has a new welcome screen which highlights all the new features coming to it.
- Emergency contacts have a red asterisk beside their name highlighting their importance.
- Audio Sharing feature now works with the 1st gen. AirPods as well.
- There is a new ‘FaceTime Attention Correction’ feature in beta 3. It uses AR to render your eyes in such a way that it looks like you are looking at the camera and not at the middle of the screen.
- When using an external mouse, it is possible to adjust the mouse pointer size.
- The Find My app gains a new “Me” tab.
- The Apple Arcade tab in the App Store is now more prominent and features a new splash screen.
- Certain buttons on the keyboard have been redesigned.
- New transitions in the Home app.
- Memoji sticker pack in Beta 3 are slightly tweaked.
- Purple Archive button in Mail app.
- Noise Cancellation button shows up in Control Center for compatible wireless headphones.
- There’s a new wired method for transferring data between old and new íPhones.
Noticed any other changes or improvements in iOS 13 beta 3 that is not mentioned above? Drop a comment and let us know about it!