The @Pwn20wnd team is out with another update for Unc0ver jailbreak that aims to fix some of the reliability issues while jailbreaking A7-A7X devices. The update also switches to a newer version of the SockPort exploit that improves the reliability of the overall jailbreaking process to around 95%.
The most notable improvement with this update is that it also allows one to jailbreak iOS 12.3. The catch, however, is that it is only limited to iOS 12.3 beta 1 and so far, the exploit has only been reported working successfully on the iPhone 5s. An update to Chimera jailbreak earlier this week also added support for jailbreaking certain iOS 12.3 beta builds.
Below is the full change-log of the update:
- Fix the sandbox swap error when using the exploits that are not SockPuppet
- Add the SockPort 1.5 exploit by @jakeajames for A7-A9X devices (Reliability: ~95% from extensive real-world testing)
- Disable the SockPuppet exploit on A7-A7X due to reliability issues
- Add iOS 12.3~b1 support to the jailbreak (Verified working on iPhone 5s)
- Fix a theoretical reliability bug with SockPuppet
The last update for Unc0ver jailbreak introduced some major speed improvements and also added support for 4K devices like the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
You can update to the latest release of Unc0ver jailbreak by updating the app through Impactor or Reprovision and then re-jailbreaking your device. Make sure to check out the list of the best jailbreak tweaks and Cydia sources to have the best jailbreaking experience possible.