In just over a month from now, Apple will unveil its much-awaited 2019 iPhones. One of the most frequently asked questions we get these days are: When will Apple release iPhone 11? When is the iPhone 11 release date?
For the last few years, Apple has been launching the new iPhones in a predictable manner in September. Here’s a look at the announcement dates and the release dates for the last few years.
- iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR were announced on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 and went on sale on September 21, 2018.
- iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus were announced on Tuesday, September 12, 2017. iPhone X went on sale on November 3, 2017, and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus went on sale on September 22, 2017.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus were announced on Wednesday, September 7, 2016, and were available on September 16th, 2016.
iPhone 11 Release Date
As you can see, 2017 was an exception as Apple had to delay the launch of iPhone X to October due to supply chain constraints for the OLED displays. But this year, we expect Apple to follow the same pattern as last year. So we expect Apple to launch the iPhone 11 in September. According to rumors, Apple will unveil iPhone 11 at an event on September 9th or September 10th. It will most likely be September 10th, as Apple seems to prefer holding the iPhone launch event on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
After the launch, the new iPhones are usually available for pre-order on a Friday and go for sale the following Friday. So if Apple follows the same pattern, and unveils the new iPhone 11 models in the second week of September then the new iPhones should be available for pre-order on Friday, September 13 and should go on sale the following Friday. So we expect Apple to release iPhone 11 on September 20.
As per the leaks, below are the major hardware changes that the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Max will pack:
- Faster A13 Bionic chip
- Triple-camera system
- Improved TrueDepth camera system
- Reverse Wireless Charging
- Bigger Battery
- New Haptic Engine
Are you excited about iPhone 11? Do you plan to upgrade to iPhone 11 when it releases in September? Let us know in the comments.