Apple has released HomePod 13.2 software update. The update comes with new features like Multi-user support, Ambient Sounds, and Handoff.
Multi-user Mode on HomePod is capable of recognizing six different voices and offer a personalized response. In other words, up to six members of your family can use HomePod and the device will automatically switch to their preferences. In other words, Siri will be able to recognize voices of up to six family members and offer a personalized experience.
The Multi-User support also supports personal requests. If you ask ‘Read my latest message’, then the HomePod will dive into your personal data and read out your favorite message. You can also use personal requests to bring up your latest appointments.
The Handoff feature lets you switch the playlist from iPhone to HomePod. For instance, you step into your house and want to move audio from iPhone to the HomePod, all you need to do is bring the iPhone closer to the HomePod and Voila! The playlist is now transferred to your HomePod.
Lastly, the Ambient Sounds feature plays white noise on your HomePods. This is aimed at helping you relax and sleep while listening to nature’s sound. Moreover, you can also use sleep timers to fall asleep to Ambient Sounds.
The release notes for HomePod 13.2 reads as follows,
- The ability for HomePod to recognize the voices of different family members to provide a personalized experience.
- Handoff music, podcasts or phone calls by bringing your iPhone close to HomePod
- Add music to your HomeKit scenes.
- Play relaxing high-quality soundtracks with Ambient Sounds.
- Set sleep timers to fall asleep to music or Ambient Sounds