Apple today released the final build of iOS 13.3 to the public. The latest release of iOS 13 comes with a number of bug fixes and also enhances some existing features.
iOS 13.3 is the last major release of iOS 13 for 2019. The next major point release of iOS 13 is going to come in the first quarter of 2020 which makes iOS 13.3 a pretty major release. Below is everything that’s new in iOS 13.3.
What’s New in iOS 13.3
Communication Limits for Screen Time
iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3 introduces communication limits for Screen Time. This will be useful to limit who your child contacts and how often.
Disable Memoji Stickers in Keyboard
You can disable Memoji and Animoji stickers from showing up on the emoji keyboard in iOS 13.3.
Update Contact Information Suggestion
You will now get a prompt to update contact information when in the Messages app if any of the contacts update their info.
Support for Hardware Security Keys in Safari
iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3 add support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2 security keys in Safari. This means you can plug in your Yubi key or any other 2fa device to log into websites in Safari.
Other changes in iOS 13.3 and iPadOS 13.3 as per Apple’s release notes can be found below:
iOS 13.3 includes improvements, bug fixes and additional parental controls for Screen Time.
– New parental controls provide more communication limits over who their children can call, FaceTime, or Message
– Contact list for children lets parents manage the contacts that appear on their children’s devices
– New layout for Apple News+ stories from The Wall Street Journal and other leading newspapers
– Easily like or dislike stories with a tap
– Stories from Apple News are now available in Canada in English and French
– Continue reading with links to related stories or more stories from the same publication
– “Breaking” and “Developing” labels for Top Stories
This update also includes the following bug fixes and other improvements:
– Enables the creation of a new video clip when trimming a video in Photos
– Adds support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO2-compliant security keys in Safari
– Fixes issues in Mail that may prevent downloading new messages
– Addresses an issue that prevented deleting messages in Gmail accounts
– Resolves issues that could cause incorrect characters to display in messages and duplication of sent messages in Exchange accounts
– Fixes an issue where the cursor may not move after long pressing on the space bar
– Addresses an issue that may cause screenshots to appear blurry when sent via Messages
– Resolves an issue where cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos
– Fixes an issue where Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
– Addresses an issue where the missed call badge on the Phone app may not clear
– Resolves an issue where the Cellular Data setting may incorrectly show as off
– Fixes an issue that prevented turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
– Addresses an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected
Found any other changes in iOS 13.3 that’s not mentioned above? Drop a comment and share it with our readers!