Apple News

Apple to pay $23.6 million to Mobile Telecommunications Technologies for infringing on six patents

Apple to pay $23.6 million to Mobile Telecommunications Technologies for infringing on six patents

Patents are a burden and a blessing, depending on how you look at them. For Apple, six pager technology patents from the mid- to late-90s are certainly looking to be more burdensome than a blessing.

Apple to allow accessory manufacturers to use Lightning ports early next year

Apple to allow accessory manufacturers to use Lightning ports early next year

Last week at its yearly briefing for accessory makers under its MFI licensing program, Apple announced new Lightning connectors and specifications for Lightning receptacles that will be available to OEMs for their accessories. 

iPhone 6 with MLC based NAND consistently outperforms the one with TLC based NAND

iPhone 6 with MLC based NAND consistently outperforms the one with TLC based NAND

It is rumored that the random restart issue plaguing some 64GB and 128GB owners of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are because of the TLC NAND flash chips used by Apple. The company is expected to switch back to MLC based chips to alleviate this issue.

Apple sending out emails informing customers of ‘unexpected delay’ in Retina iMac shipments

Apple sending out emails informing customers of ‘unexpected delay’ in Retina iMac shipments

Eagerly waiting for your 27-inch Retina iMac to arrive? Here’s some bad news for you then. Apple is sending out emails to its customers informing them of an “unexpected delay” in the shipping of their Retina iMacs. 

Samsung will reportedly supply 80% of Apple’s A-series chips for iOS devices in 2016

Samsung will reportedly supply 80% of Apple’s A-series chips for iOS devices in 2016

If a new report from The Korea Times is to be believed, Samsung will be supplying Apple with nearly 80% of the application processors to be used in its iOS devices in 2016. The rest of the 20% processors will be manufactured by TSMC. 

Apple adds UnionPay as a payment option for App Store Customers in China

Apple adds UnionPay as a payment option for App Store Customers in China

Apple has just announced that it has added UnionPay, the most popular payment card in China, as a payment option for App Store customers in the country.

Aaron Sorkin on Biopic: Steve Jobs’ Daughter Lisa will be ‘Heroine’ of the movie

Aaron Sorkin on Biopic: Steve Jobs’ Daughter Lisa will be ‘Heroine’ of the movie

Aaron Sorkin’s upcoming movie on Steve Jobs is yet to go on floor but the movie has been constantly in the limelight because of its casting issues. Now, in an interview with The Independent, the screenwriter has revealed some very interesting tidbits about the movie.

Apple, Facebook, Google and other groups working to halt spying on users by the NSA

Apple, Facebook, Google and other groups working to halt spying on users by the NSA

At the end of 2013, a great deal of attention was put on the National Security Agency (NSA), and its efforts in acquiring a broad scope of information. Many companies were forced to come forward and outline how they did not work with the agency to collect sensitive data from its customers. Now, Apple and other companies are trying to make sure the NSA’s efforts are even more limited.

Tablets shipments grew by 15% fueled by sub-$250 devices

Tablets shipments grew by 15% fueled by sub-$250 devices

According to the latest report from IDC, tablet shipments grew by more than 15% in the third quarter of 2014 to 56 million with the growth mainly fueled by sub-$250 tablets. 

Apple responds to ‘Masque Attack’ vulnerability; not aware of any affected customer

Apple responds to ‘Masque Attack’ vulnerability; not aware of any affected customer

Earlier in the week, cybersecurity firm FireEye revealed a vulnerability in iOS called “Masque Attack,” which allows third-party, malicious applications to replace legitimate apps on an iOS device, that can then collect important, secure information right from the device.